Are you getting married in 2017? Interested in our Wedding Belles contest?
Sign up below and we will send you the official contest rules and more details about participating in the contest.
Official registration will take place on March 8th, 2017 at our Wedding Belles reception.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Any couple in the WESB/WBRR listening area who is to be married this year (2017) is eligible, except, where he or she, the contestant, their prospective spouse, or members of their immediate families are employees of Wedding Belle sponsors or their advertising agencies. In such cases, contestants may participate at all other sponsor locations but are ineligible at their own place of employment. Employees of WESB/WBRR and their families are ineligible.
- The dates of the contest are March 9th to May 31st 2017. Any qualifying purchase during this period is valid.
- Points are earned at the scale of one point to a dollar, or fractions of a dollar. For example — with a purchase of $4.25, the designated contestant receives 4.25 points. Every RETAIL purchase at a participating sponsor during the contest can earn points if the ballot is properly filled out at the time of purchase. BUSINESS purchases are ineligible. Maximum points allowed for any one purchase is 2000.
- At the time of purchase, the clerk records the amount of the sale on an official ballot and signs it. The customer fills in the name of the contestant who is to receive the points, then signs the ballot. Ballots not signed by both the customer and the clerk are void. The ballot is then deposited in the official ballot box. Every customer must be given the opportunity to vote at the time of sale. If the customer does not wish to vote, no ballot can be cast. Only the customer is permitted to designate to whom the points will be credited.
- Ballots will be collected periodically by WESB/WBRR. No information about point standings will be made available to anyone, except a periodic update on our website of the top ten contestants, who will be displayed in no particular order.
- The Grand Prize of $1500 will be paid to the couple who accumulates the greatest number of points during the contest. In the event of a tie for first place, the money will be divided equally among all contestants tied for first place.
- A number of other prizes will be awarded based on the number of points accumulated. Ties will be broken by random drawing. Grand Prize: $1500 CASH. Other prizes will be announced.
- Winners will be announced Monday, June 5, 2017. Winners will be responsible for picking up prizes at the WESB/WBRR office, 1490 Saint Francis Drive, Bradford.
- The decision of the judges will be final. Any questions concerning these rules or their interpretation will be decided by the management of Radio Stations WESB and WBRR.
- You MUST have your picture taken for the Wedding Belle display at contest sponsors. Your picture will be taken FREE OF CHARGE. A photo area will be available at the Wedding Belle Reception for your convenience.* *If you cannot attend the reception, March 8th, and still want to participate in the contest, you must make arrangements with the Wedding Belles photographer (Shawn Murray Photography) to have your photo taken by March 8th. Any absentee contestants without photos by March 9th will be ineligible.